Physical Asset Management Road Map
Journey along Pragma's Asset Management Road Map and find out what we can do for you.
View here »
How will 3D printing change the face of maintenance?
Read the full article here
Read now »
Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
12 - 14 October 2015, International Business Gateway, Midrand, GautengFind out more
Asset Life Cycle Management
21 - 23 October 2015, International Business Gateway, Midrand, GautengFind out more
Asset Management Landscape 39 Subjects
28 - 30 October 2015, International Business Gateway, Midrand, GautengFind out more
Sustainable asset management. Is it possible, and if so, how?
The release of the international standard for asset management, ISO 55000, confirms the importance of an asset management system and its contribution towards sustainable asset management. But can an asset management system in itself create sustainability?
No. But a system integrated with the correct contributors can. In asset management, a simple process of understanding, improving and sustaining can lead to the desired longevity.
- the performance of your operation
- the cost of maintenance (or the lack thereof)
- the potential risks
- how these elements integrate and impact on each other.
- compiling an asset management strategy and policy with its associated asset management plans
- implementing systems and procedure
- focusing on improvement projects
- staff enablement and proper contracting with service providers.
- improvements must be practical and the company and its resources must have the ability to handle them
- identify core projects that can be successfully implemented
- put measures in place to ensure that the improvements and the desired outcomes can be monitored
- ensure that the whole team is involved and that improvements are not based on individuals but rather on systems and procedures that can continue despite individuals leaving.
Follow this link to Pragma's Physical Asset Management Road Map and see how we can assist you to achieve ISO 55000 certification, as well as SUSTAINABLE ASSET MANAGEMENT.
All the elements in the road map are included in Pragma’s service offering.