Physical Asset Management Road Map
Journey along Pragma's Asset Management Road Map and find out what we can do for you.
View here »
Eskom's Majuba power plant a sign of the times
Read the full article here
Read now »
Maintenance Planning and Scheduling - 3 CPD points
11 - 13 November 2014, International Business Gateway, Midrand, GautengFind out more
Structured Problem Solving with RCA - 3 CPD points
17 - 19 November 2014, International Business Gateway, Midrand, GautengFind out more
ISO 55000 – 2 CPD points
24 - 25 November 2014, International Business Gateway, Midrand, GautengFind out more
Asset Care Plan Development - 3 CPD points
2 - 4 December 2014, International Business Gateway, Midrand, GautengFind out more
Asset Management Landscape 39 Subjects
18 - 20 February 2015, International Business Gateway, Midrand, GautengFind out more
Sustainable asset management. Is it possible, and if so, how?
The release of the international standard for asset management, ISO 55000, confirms the importance of an asset management system and its contribution towards sustainable asset management. But can an asset management system in itself create sustainability?
No. But a system integrated with the correct contributors can. In asset management, a simple process of understanding, improving and sustaining can lead to the desired longevity.
- the performance of your operation
- the cost of maintenance (or the lack thereof)
- the potential risks
- how these elements integrate and impact on each other.
- compiling an asset management strategy and policy with its associated asset management plans
- implementing systems and procedure
- focusing on improvement projects
- staff enablement and proper contracting with service providers.
- improvements must be practical and the company and its resources must have the ability to handle them
- identify core projects that can be successfully implemented
- put measures in place to ensure that the improvements and the desired outcomes can be monitored
- ensure that the whole team is involved and that improvements are not based on individuals but rather on systems and procedures that can continue despite individuals leaving.
Follow this link to Pragma's Physical Asset Management Road Map and see how we can assist you to achieve ISO 55000 certification or PAS 55 compliance, as well as SUSTAINABLE ASSET MANAGEMENT.
All the elements in the road map are included in Pragma’s service offering.