Asset Management Risk Profile
Will it make your Insurance Broker smile or frown?
peace of mind
ISO 55000 - Whole life costing
You will get more out of your assets, for longer!
SAAMA Conference 12 - 14 May 2014
Have you registered for the SAAMA conference yet?
Register here »
ISO 55000/1/2 has been released... where to from here?
Read the full article here
Read now »
PAS 55 – Gateway to ISO 55000
Course running on 11, 12 March 2014 in JohannesburgFind out more
Sustainable asset management. Is it possible, and if so, how?
The release of the international standard for asset management, ISO 55000, confirms the importance of an asset management system and its contribution towards sustainable asset management. But can an asset management system in itself create sustainability?
No. But a system integrated with the correct contributors can. In asset management, a simple process of understanding, improving and sustaining can lead to the desired longevity.
- the performance of your operation
- the cost of maintenance (or the lack thereof)
- the potential risks
- how these elements integrate and impact on each other.
- compiling an asset management strategy and policy with its associated asset management plans
- implementing systems and procedure
- focusing on improvement projects
- staff enablement and proper contracting with service providers.
- improvements must be practical and the company and its resources must have the ability to handle them
- identify core projects that can be successfully implemented
- put measures in place to ensure that the improvements and the desired outcomes can be monitored
- ensure that the whole team is involved and that improvements are not based on individuals but rather on systems and procedures that can continue despite individuals leaving.
Follow this link to Pragma's Physical Asset Management Road Map and see how we can assist you to achieve ISO 55000 certification or PAS 55 compliance, as well as SUSTAINABLE ASSET MANAGEMENT.
All the elements in the road map are included in Pragma’s service offering.