|Date:||Tuesday, 31 January 2017|
Seminar | Engineering Asset Mangement
Join us in Midrand for the 'Engineering Asset Management' seminar. If you know of any engineers who would like to learn more about asset management you're welcome to share this invitation with them.
Presented by subject matter experts, you can look forward to understanding
- what physical asset management is about,
- role you can play in improving asset life cycle,
- relevance of asset management in industry – ISO 55000,
- the future of asset management – IoT- and
- how to apply asset management to extract maximum value
Hosted in association with:
Download the event programme here >>
Colloquiums | Pioneering the Future of Asset Management
In recent years the field of Asset Management (AM) has grown and matured consistently.
During this time excellent AM publications saw the light giving high-level structure to the field. However, the finer details remain largely unchartered, holding ample niche areas that require further exploration through research and development.
Pragma and the Asset Care Research Group from the University of Stellenbosch is proud to host the ‘Pioneering the Future of Asset Management’ colloquium. This event offers the opportunity for professionals and researchers to share new ideas and concepts, taking the first steps in preparation for the future of our field.
The aim of this colloquium is to:
- Stimulate awareness of current academic research fields and possible uptake in industry,
- Provide direction for further research and development and
- To encourage your personal involvement as an engineering professional in current asset management discussions.
Date: 8 November 2016
Venue: Pragma Office, Cape Town
Hosted in association with:
More and more successful South African manufacturing companies are spreading their wings and expanding in Africa. Positioning the production of products close to these growing markets makes perfect sense from a logistical and taxation perspective. This however implies that your expensive production assets are situated and operated in regions which are long distances away from the available support and infrastructure of South Africa.
Pragma and Parmalat are proud to host another Asset Management Colloquium, the focus this time is on managing your assets which are located in other African countries. Cultural differences, lack of technical skills, poor OEM and engineering service provider support, customs issues, poor internet connectivity, language barriers and water and electricity outages are just some of the few challenges that asset owners will encounter in addition to their normal manufacturing challenges.
Our aim is to bring together professionals who are responsible for managing assets in these environments and to share learnings and experience gained from implementing asset management practices at their operations in Africa. Some of the topics for discussion are:
- Equipment and spares logistics across borders.
- Implementing your corporate CMMS/EAMS in Africa or providing a remote service from South Africa.
- Centralised maintenance teams performing high impact tactical maintenance work at predetermined intervals (eg flying in shutdown team).
- The pitfalls of doing concrete work in Africa.
- Investing in the latest technology or implementing proven technology in Africa.
- Relationships with OEMs relating to support in Africa.
- The development of technical skills (coaching, over inspections, rotating secondments teams)
On Key Client Days
As the priority of asset management in our organisation's becomes escalated in the boardroom, our asset management systems need to integrate and support our business systems. Fortunately improvements in technology make this easier and easier, more so for organisation's using On Key.
This client day will expose you to the improvements and richness of the On Key functionality, allowingyou to explore ideas as to how you could leverage your current On Key systemto achieve maximum benefits. We will also present a case study on how these functional improvements have set an On Key client on the path toward asset management excellence.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
Download the presentations here >>
|Date:||2 March 2016|
|Location:||Kingfisher Lodge, Mount Edgecombe, KZN|
|Date:||3 March 2016|
|Location:||Pragma Building,Midrand, JHB|
|Date:||4 March 2016|
|Location:||Pragma Building, Bellville, CPT|
This event is focused on providing a platform for asset management, maintenance and reliability engineers and practitioners as well as CEOs, MDs and CFOs to network around, learn off and benchmark the latest trends, methodologies and tools available in the asset maintenance management arena.
This conference is the only physical asset management conference that offers a broad spectrum of solutions for the needs of multi-industries. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for updates regarding the third annual SAAMA Conference taking place in 2016. By attending the conference delegates will have:
- The knowledge and expertise of various international thought leaders in the field of AM
- The practical application of AM methodologies tools and programmes
- Interactive workshops, award-winning case studies and thought provoking knowledge sessions
- The exhibition of leading AM service and product vendors
The opportunity to:
- Network with other like-minded and industry related peers, both informally and through pre-arranged appointments
- Attend the Pragma Physical Asset Management Awards evening
|SAAMA PAMTL 2012 PAMTL 2011 PAMTL 2010|
We are involved with various Corporate Social Investment projects within Southern Africa and Brasil. Some of the projects that we are involved with on a continuous basis include:
- Unite for our future project
Staff and learners at the Phomolong Secondary School in Thembisa were delighted when Pragma staff committed their time, skills and resources to improve the condition of their facilities and infrastructure. Our engineers and support staff took up tools and gardening equipment to fix broken taps, windows, toilets and electrical connections. They fitted new ceilings and renovated the vegetable garden. The biggest improvement could be seen in the library area where staff applied the 5s principle of cleaning up and sorting the books and library items.
Thank you letter from Phomolong Secondary School
- Sports Fun Day
Pragma and Imperial/Ukhamba Comunity Development Trust takes hands to host an anuual event where learners from a local school in the Johannesburg region are involved with different sport disciplines and blessed with food and drink.
- Tigerbrands Foundation we are involved by means of funding towards nutrition programmes.
- Unite for our Future initiative - this project is focussed on improving the infrastructure and facilities of the Phomolong High School in Tembisa, Ekurhuleni. Pragma is involved hands on with maintenance projects, refurbishements and the installation of a grey water filtration system and bore hole with the essential assistance of our strategic partner on the project, ERWAT.
- Madiba Day
Uitzicht School in the Cape Town region - Pragma employees contributed towards snack packs for the learners on Madiba Day.
- The Love Trust
Pragma donated funds towards the Love Trust Teachers Training Program at Nokuphila School. This project aims to improve the quality of teaching through dedicated teachers training programs.