Asset Care Service
Our world-class asset care service is an outsourced service solution where a team of Pragma engineers, planners and schedulers assist the in-house team at the client with agreed day-to-day maintenance management activities via the Asset Care Centre (ACC). The methodology and best practices used in executing this function are ISO 55000 aligned and meet international and local accounting reporting standards (e.g. IFRS, GAAP and GRAP).
The Asset Care Service addresses these aspects:
- Implementation of an appropriate asset management strategy for the operation (policy, strategy, improvement plan).
- Definition of key performance indicators (KPIs) and associated reports to monitor the performance of the maintenance management function.
- Effective implementation of an Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS) in support and enablement of the maintenance management function.
- The establishment and maintenance of an accurate asset register, supported by an intensive asset identification and verification process.
- Implementation of necessary work planning and control processes (daily/weekly/monthly) to ensure effective resource utilisation
- Implementation of asset care plans (preventative maintenance) for all assets through facilitated involvement of OEMs and inputs from client staff.
- The effective management of the on-site MRO warehouse to ensure cost-effective maintenance of the assets.
- Structured analysis of problems to identify and eliminate the root causes in order to reduce costs, improve asset performance and eliminate asset-related risks.
Benefits of the ACC service
The ACC will assist a company in improving the availability and performance of its physical assets, at an optimal cost and reduced risk. The following benefits are typical examples from our current customer base:
- An accurate and credible asset register, which is kept up to date.
- An effective maintenance planning and control process.
- Access to experienced asset management and continuous improvement expertise.
- Increased compliance with legal, safety and other customer audits.
- No investment in software or hardware is required to implement an EAMS.
- No additional people are required to operate and maintain the EAMS.
Asset Care Centre Options
A special solution for different needs
Industries vary and client needs are unique with very specific asset-type requirements. Therefore we have three distinct ACC delivery models to comply with client needs and assist in running sustainable asset management programmes to drive the return on your physical asset management investment.
Pragma provides our own office space and resources to capture data, analyse results and give feedback and reports. These resources are shared between up to eight clients. Daily communication via email, phone or personal meetings takes place. Pragma uses an agreed set of business processes to drive and manage the day-to-day maintenance management activities. On Key is the Pragma EAMS tool of choice. The monthly rental fee for the hosting and use of the database ensures the client’s peace of mind since the host is provided by a Tier 1 internet service provider with a world-class disaster recovery infrastructure.
Pragma dedicates its resources (engineers, planners, schedulers and data capturers) to the client. Normally an ACC office is established at the client's site and they are then integrated into the client's structures and processes. Pragma uses an agreed set of business processes to drive and manage the day to day maintenance management activities. On Key is the Pragma EAMS tool of choice. The monthly rental fee for the hosting and use of the database ensures the client’s peace of mind since the host is provided by a Tier 1 internet service provider with a world-class disaster recovery infrastructure. If the client already has an EAMS, On Key is used in support of the client's ERP/EAMS.
ACC Client operated
This service is available to those clients who have a certain measure of asset management maturity and the resources to perform the tasks. They do however not have their own business processes in place and Pragma provides these with interventions two days a month as well as with strategic guidance and maturity assessments. These clients use the On Key EAMS and they may choose to host the software in their own IT environment. A monthly rental fee is applicable. All licence and support costs are included in the monthly rental fee.