Organisations often struggle to effectively identify and address recurring problems that cause waste, poor performance and ultimately low staff morale. Furthermore, attempts to rectify these problems can be disjointed because of a lack of structured meetings and people taking ownership.
Stock standard reports also fail to provide users with the opportunity to delve into the data for detailed analytical purposes. Pragma’s Focused Improvement (FI) service and toolset are ideal for implementing a system and practices for structured and focused improvement activities, thereby addressing asset-related problems and performance gaps within the organisation.
Focused Improvement concentrates improvement efforts on the areas with the greatest leverage to achieve real breakthrough improvements. A daily review meeting takes place and people are provided with the skills to do effective problem solving. This combination ensures successful and sustained performance improvement.
Why consider a focused improvement approach on your plant?
- The results stemming from focused improvement are quick, tangible and visible.
- Projects are aimed at improving the optimal performance of assets, achieving constant reliability.
- Asset owners gain control and management of maintenance and operational costs.
- A formal methodology instead of guestimates is used to identify projects that will render the most leverage.
- Quick wins help overcome initial internal resistance to change and build momentum for the improvement process and larger projects.
- Problem solving becomes intrinsic to the organisation resulting in a culture of continuous and sustainable improvement.
- Your staff are trained and enabled to effectively drive focused improvement.