Our approach to asset care plan development
Process: We will help you develop a set of standards to assess your critical assets, analyse their failure modes and develop tactical tasks. We will also provide you with criteria for selecting a balanced set of maintenance tactics. This choice of tactics is based on decision-tree logic, supported by a list of criteria that we have built up over many years of experience.
Software: We have developed software which we use to develop the ACPs. Although ACPs can be developed using a program such as Excel, we strongly discourage this as you will not have access to the value-adding and time-saving features of our software. Some of the features of the software include:
- Configuration of customised criticality models, such that different levels (groups) of assets can be assessed differently for criticality.
- The partitioning of assets’ systems into multiple levels of assets and components.
- The building of a Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) tree.
- Extensive task configuration capability with customisable fields to provide for most task details required by industry.
- The software can be used as stand-alone tool, and batch integrates with other ERP systems.
- A set of reports, which include an ACPD progress report, a long-term work plan showing the required labour capacity for the developed ACPs and ACP for each asset.
History is kept of changes made to criticality analysis, FMEA and ACPs
Training – Critical to the success of ACPD is a thorough understanding of its principles. Our Academy offers courses that will instil knowledge, skills and competence. They also link ACPD in context to other asset management processes such as planning and scheduling, and focused improvement.