Organisations often struggle to effectively identify and address recurring problems that cause waste, poor performance and ultimately low staff morale. Furthermore, attempts to rectify these problems can be disjointed because of a lack of structured meetings and people taking ownership.
Stock standard reports also fail to provide users with the opportunity to delve into the data for detailed analytical purposes. Pragma’s Focused Improvement (FI) service and toolset are ideal for implementing a system and practices for structured and focused improvement activities, thereby addressing asset-related problems and performance gaps within the organisation.
Focused Improvement concentrates improvement efforts on the areas with the greatest leverage to achieve real breakthrough improvements. A daily review meeting takes place and people are provided with the skills to do effective problem solving. This combination ensures successful and sustained performance improvement.
Why consider a focused improvement approach on your plant?
- The results stemming from focused improvement are quick, tangible and visible.
- Projects are aimed at improving the optimal performance of assets, achieving constant reliability.
- Asset owners gain control and management of maintenance and operational costs.
- A formal methodology instead of guestimates is used to identify projects that will render the most leverage.
- Quick wins help overcome initial internal resistance to change and build momentum for the improvement process and larger projects.
- Problem solving becomes intrinsic to the organisation resulting in a culture of continuous and sustainable improvement.
- Your staff are trained and enabled to effectively drive focused improvement.
Why Focused Improvement in Asset Management delivers results
- Communication channels between different departments involved with asset care are established and cooperation is greatly improved.
- Regular contact with focused discussions improves problem solving and allows for constructive feedback and further recommendations.
- Employees know what is expected of them and their actions are aligned with the common goal of the project at hand.
- Discipline and accountability are instilled within the team and on site.
- Information becomes available for effective decision making.
- The analysis tool has an intuitive user interface allowing for staff to quickly master and effectively use it.
- The tool offers dynamic and flexible in-depth data mining.
- The visual properties of the reports that allow for specific preferences will have users identifying problems within minutes of using them for the first time.
- Mobility is key and the reports can be viewed on tablets which can easily be taken into meetings where new queries can instantly be viewed.